This Saturday 25th October we are expecting Possible shower. max 23
|Starting from||at||Ride to|
Next Monday 27th October we are expecting Mostly sunny. max 26
|Starting from||at||Ride to|
Next Wednesday 29th October we are expecting Partly cloudy. max 32 the rides will start from:
|Groups||Start||Ride to||Ride No.||Catalogue||km.|
|E1.E2.E3||7-30am||Hillarys||14||1 & 2a||67|
|E4||7-30am||Midland||18||2b & c||52|
|E5||7-30am||Fremantle||13||2b & c||55|
|L4||8-00am||Guildford||18||4 & 5||35|
|L5||8-00am||Tomato Lake||14||4 & 5||27|
Rides will be automatically cancelled if the forecast maximum temperature is 38 degrees or greater
Yes we start our rides from many different locations around Perth. The names of the starting points in the tables above are all links to descriptions of where to meet
The Club currently has about 300 members of whom approximately 160 members meet every Wednesday for nine categories of group rides.
Ride groupings are based on average speed and distance. Within any one grouping there may be several ride groups on any particular day (or even none), depending on numbers of riders and available leaders. It is aimed to limit the group size to 10.
There are 5 speed groupings in each of two start times for Wednesday rides, with the earlier groups generally travelling further.
Ride groups on a Monday and Saturday will be arranged according to numbers and leaders present. Riders can anticipate leaders will ride at similar speeds to Wednesdays.
|Group||Average Speed||Average Distance||Leaders|
|E1||28kph||78km||Neville Taylor, Rob Wallace, Tom Curtis, Jim Parker, Colin Pearce|
|E2||25.5kph||72km||Roy Game, Terry Phillips, Gary Thomas|
|E3||24kph||65km||Daphne Small, Noel Else, Stephen Napier, Ian McDonald, John Yeats, Graham Baker, Colin Henley|
|E4||21kph||58km||Len Wallace, Kaye Hyde, Merrill Claessen|
|E5||20kph||50km||Cliff Bloxham, Eric Gard, Marilyn D'Angelo, Kerry Cowie, Anne Cooney, Val Cook|
|L1||25.5kph||55km||Trevor Raston, Stephen Mitchell, Don Buchanan, George Small, Bruce Robinson|
|L2||20.5kph||45km||Stephen Ho, Michael De Leo|
|L3||18kph||40km||Ross Howlett, Marie Storry, Nick van Koningsbrugge|
|L4||17kph||35km||James Carpenter, Peter Mayall, Keith Taylor, Ian Thomas, Kevin Davis, Buck Buchanan|
|L5||14kph||20km||Dot Leeson, Robin Garbutt, Warren Miller|
Xmas lunch is on Dec 3rd. >Details.
To join the club simply attend one of our rides on a Monday, Wednesday or
You will find information about the ride on the left hand side of this page or you may prefer to telephone the contact members.
The Start Venue for Wednesday the 26th of November has been changed from Lake Monger to Raphael Park. This change is to better accommodate the 30th Anniversary celebrations for the first ride of the Over 55 Cycling Club.
Nannup Camp 16th November to 21st November 2014 Cycle and Social Program
• Sunday 16 Nov: Arrive at Nannup and settle in.
• 5.00 pm Welcome sundowner drinks at the communal kitchen.
• Monday 17 Nov: Ride to the Lavender farm for morning tea/coffee and scones and cream (25 to 50 km). This delightful farm will host our morning break. There will be the option of a direct route or a more challenging longer ride. See - - - - - on the map.
• 5.00 pm Sundowner. BYO Cheese and dips to share and socialise with other members in the convivial surroundings of the communal kitchen.
• Tuesday 18 Nov: Ride to Balingup for lunch (41 km). Morning tea and muffins will be provided by helpers using the Club trailer at the 20 km half way point. Return after lunch. There will be numerous options available for cyclists of various capabilities. Rides can be between 20 km and 82 km depending on the riders wishes. Lifts will be arranged to match the desired distance. See +++++++ on the map.
• 5.00 pm Sundowner. Drinks and good company at the communal kitchen.
• Wednesday 19 Nov: Ride to Manjimup for lunch. Morning tea will be at the Donnelly Mill café where the world’s best carrot cake resides. Riders can choose to get a lift back from Manjimup (50 km) or cycle back. Appropriate lifts will be arranged on the day. See . . . . . . on the map.
• 5.00 pm Sundowner followed by a BBQ at the communal kitchen. BYO food and drinks. A barbecue will be provided and expertise freely given.
• Thursday 20 Nov: Circular ride to the alpaca farm (50 km). This ride will surprise some by containing some downhill sections past green and pleasant farmlands. Please take care as we do not want you to disturb the resident fly population. See -------- on the map.
• 5.00 pm Sundowner (with wrap up speeches) at the communal kitchen.
• Friday 21 Nov: Leisurely packing up and return to Perth.
• Note: The Nannup map, referred to above, can be viewed in the "Camps, Tours and Trips" section of the website.
• If you intend going to Nannup, place your name on the list on the Club Notice Board. Numbers are required for catering purposes.
Busselton Camp 7th to 21st of February 2015
Details of the 2015 Busselton Camp can now be viewed in the Camps, Tours and Trips section of the website. You can indicate your intention to attend the Camp by placing your name on the list on the Club Notice Board which is present every Wednesday
Gary Thomas ride captain